Our current house is new construction and while we've lived in houses in the past as old as 80 years old I never expected to see mold in my new 6 year old home. The ugly truth is, 100% of homes have mold. We try to keep a clean house and after every shower we squeegy the shower windows and doors and air out the shower. While most cleaners can remove visible dirt, mold can rear its ugly head if your shower cleaner doesn't penetrate deep enough. Being that we spend 20 minutes per day in the shower I'm eager to rid of the mold once and for all. Tilex® offers a deep-cleaning lineup which is formulated to attack mold and mildew before they blossom into stubborn stains. Plus Tilex leaves a refreshing scent to keep your bathroom smelling as clean as it looks.
To celebrate the new Tilex lineup, Tilex is hosting an exciting sweepstakes with lots of cool prizes! Enter on the Tilex Facebook page and you will have a chance to win:
3 grand prize winners will get a flat screen television.
10 runners-up will win a year’s subscription to streaming movies!
Also, if you share the news about the sweepstakes with your friends, you’ll receive an additional entry for each friend you invite. Only persons who are at least 18 years of age can enter. Sweepstakes ends March 17, 2012.
Here are ten tips on how to keep mold at bay in your bathroom
1. After every shower use a window squeegy and wipe down your shower.
2. Use an old rag and wipe down the shower corners and any hard to clean places that may get wet.
3. Wipe down other areas in your bathroom that may produce condensation e.g. window, window sills and mirrors.
4. Air out the shower by propping open the shower door.
5. Lower the humidity in the bathroom by opening a window or the bathroom door.
6. If your bathroom gets very humid consider investing in a dehumidifier - you'd be amazed at how much water those things suck up.
7. Periodically snake out your shower and sink drain so not to provide a place for mold to build up.
8. Clean out vents and air filters often to prevent a place for mold to surface.
9. Check windows and pipes for leaks. Touch your walls for signs of leaks.
10. Last, but not least, make Tilex® the foundation of your bathroom cleaning routine to keep mold out of sight.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tilex blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.