St. Patrick’s Day is on a Saturday this year, so have fun making crafts with your kids this week. Here are a couple of crafts to share that are easy to make and the kids will enjoy creating.
streamers or tissue paper (yellow, orange, red, green, blue and purple)
large craft stick
- Cut strips of colored tissue paper or streamers 2 or 3 feet long.
- Glue the strips to the back of the paper plate
- Hot glue the craft stick to the back of opposite side of the plate
- Glue the cotton balls to the front of the plate
- Allow to dry completely
It would be fun for the kids to take their rainbow streamer on a parade.
green construction paper
green chenille stems
hot glue or tape
- Fold and cut green construction paper (11x17) in half so that you have two long pieces
Draw and cut out two medium sized shamrocks
Wrap the green chenille stems around finger to create a curl and stretch out
Tape or hot glue one end of the chenille stem to the green long sheet of construction paper
Tape or hot glue the shamrocks to the other end of the chenille stems
Staple the green strips of construction paper together to fit the child’s head
What a fun craft to wear!
Robin Greene has taught Kindergarten for more then 5 years and has enjoyed watching the kids grow and learn. She is a mom of two teenagers and enjoys spending time with family and friends. During her spare time she enjoys freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Shopping for baby clothes, baby headbands and baby hats will be so much fun this Spring.