The weather has been so nice this winter and spring that it has me all excited for the summer. The spring and summer means we can start entertaining outside. We love hosting parties and playdates and outdoor parties are so much fun for everyone especially the kids as there is more room for everyone to mingle and play. My favorite part of get togethers are the food of course. I love making new dishes that wow and also seeing what other guests bring. My favorite dishes are appetizers such as spinach artichoke dips and 7 layer bean dip. With all thats involved in a party such as cleaning, party supplies and invites I don't have time to be fancy with the food so anything that is quick to whip up yet delicious is good in my books.
Farm Rich is bringing some heat to parties with its popular line-up of frozen snacks and appetizers with the new Queso Cheese Bites – delicious, bite-sized snacks filled with creamy white queso cheese - not too hot, not too cool, but just right. Simply place them in the oven or fryer and in just minutes you'll get ready to serve for an after-school snack, party appetizer, or just anytime hunger calls. The wholesome snacks also are a good source of calcium, and each portion contains just 180 calories and 0 grams per serving. Mexican themed foods are so easy to make so add these Queso Cheese bites along with your 7 layer bean dip, nachos and cheese and you'll soon have a fiesta going. At $6.99 retail value with 53-56 pieces thats an inexpensive and quick to cook appetizer!
Here are some tips to spice up your party
1. Work on a party theme and center your party decorations and food around your theme. I've held Mexican and Chinese themed parties and these have always been instant hits with my guests.
2. Invite children to the party. Not only will the kids have fun but the adults too as there will be no need to pay for a babysitter.
3. Host a potluck - I love tasting new foods and the best way to do this is to have each guest bring a dish - you'll thank each other for the opportunity to share new creative food ideas.
4. Have guests come in costume - what better way than to spice up a party with a costume theme? I've held several costume parties for my children's birthday parties (Alice in Wonderland, Disney Princesses and soon a Star Wars party).
5. Offer fun drinks - some of the best parties I've been to have offered fun cocktails and drinks - even non alcoholic cocktails can spice up and liven a party up.
Farm Rich has a Sweepstakes where you can win 44,000 pesos (=$3,500)
From now till May 4, play Pesos 4 Quesos for a chance to win a $3,500 “Fiesta Grande” from Farm Rich. Visit the Farm Rich Facebook page and click on Pesos 4 Quesos to play and register to win weekly $200 gift cards plus the chance to take home the $3,500 grand prize - worth over 44,000 pesos! The grand-prize winner will be announced on May 5th. I just played the game and its addictive - I coul certainly have some fun parties if I win $3,500!
By reaching certain game levels, players can also earn coupons to try the new Queso Cheese Bites.
Be sure to like Farm Rich on Facebook
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.